Wednesday, July 18, 2007

How to: Build your own bicycle powered generator

Pic: Lar Hovsepian, 24, of Los Angeles charges her cell phone on a human powered bicycle generator with the help of Brad Whaley at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on Friday, April 27, 2007 in Indio, California.

Apparently, several of these were used at the Coachella Music & arts Festival for charging cell phones.

Parts list and instructions are available here. They even have a link to buy from amazon.com .

If you're not up for building it yourself, they also sell already assembled bicycle generators which range from $980 to $1,499.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the kind of guy who passions to seek unused things. Right now I'm building my personal pv panels. I am making it all by myself without the help of my staff. I am utilizing the net as the only path to acheive this. I came across a truly brilliant website which explains how to contruct solar panels and so on. The web site explains all the steps needed for solar panel construction.

I'm not really sure bout how accurate the data given there is. If some guys over here who have xp with these works can have a see and give your feedback in the site it will be great and I'd really treasure it, cauze I really love [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. You guys are great.